1.2

I did not rent from them...I applied, was approved, and when I asked them to fix a very tricky lock on an exterior door and exposed wiring in the kitchen light fixture they said they would probably not do it.

Then I read the contract. On my first visit to the property I found rat droppings everywhere in the apartment so they did pest control. Agent told me they paid for a complete cleaning. However, an addendum to the contract specified that the property had NOT been cleaned, and must be accepted in AS IS condition (with non-functioning exterior lock, exposed wiring, and rodent residue!?).

Furthermore I would be held accountable for thorough cleaning regardless of condition in which I found it. This made me wonder, who are these people? So I searched the interwebs and found they had the worst possible rankings from BBB, Google, Yelp, etc. I thought, "maybe it's just the haters." So, I asked them about it, at the same time I asked about the addendum.

So, instead of addressing the bad reviews and providing proof of cleaning they said they declined to rent to ME! I have a credit score high 700s, money in the bank, and a good job. Hm, maybe it was because I asked too many questions they couldn't answer?

Do yourself a favor and navigate away from Desert Wide Properties.They should not be in business treating people this way.

Review about: Desert Wide Properties Property Rental.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Service.

Had an Experience with Desert Wide Properties?

Comments

dwpaz01
Desert Wide Properties Verified Representative

Thank you for your comment.I want to extend Desert Wide Properties sincere apologies for the experience you encountered when applying for a property to lease.

This does not sound indicative of our normally high standard of customer service. In spite of the reviews, we continually strive to listen to our clientele and improve our performance, each and every day. We have recently launched an increase in the number of surveys to our tenants and introduced upper management inspections of our properties, to review the condition of the properties and the quality of work performed by our vendors.

Although I am not familiar with which specific property you are referring to, occasionally we do have Owners who elect to do minimal or no additional repairs and will only allow us to do maintenance or repairs with their prior approval. Thus, we are forced to list it in "As-Is" condition.

Truly, that is the only explanation I can demise from what you stated, where repairs would not be done to the lock and wiring, but then agree to do the pest control.

Again, since I do not know which property we are referring to, I am unable to pull the application or inquiry with the Agents on how this was handled, and why it was declined. I am always interested in feedback and improving our operations.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to share further, so I may address this situation and make sure that we avoid this scenario from happening again...

Mark Wilkinson